Thursday, September 4, 2008

What is Mustard Seeds About


I met Jimmy in June of 2008 on an educational tour of Costa Rica. He was my guide, interpreter, teacher and additionally he became my friend. Before I left Costa Rica we had an opportunity to talk about how we might stay in touch. I had been so impressed with Jimmy and his knowledge that I thought, if he were up to it, he could offer an excellent addition to the great group of teachers we already have here at Washington. Jimmy thought it sounded like a good idea and so here we are.


Throughout the year we will be able to follow Jimmy as he travels around his native land, learn from him about the many amazing animals that are native to Costa Rica, and hopefully to help him in his quest to conserve both the land and animals of Central America.


Today I would like to invite Jimmy into a discussion that our class has recently been having about animal adaptation. One of the amazing animals that I had the opportunity to learn about when I was down south was the Sloth. Jimmy I was wondering if your might be able to share with us a little about the adaptations that help the Sloth to survive in Costa Rica.


Thanks so much, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.


Nate Barton

No comments: